Key Account Manager, Central & West
The Key Account Manager position is an exciting opportunity, in a fast-paced environment, for an individual that has a relentless passion for building and fostering customer relationships, is data-driven and has proven experience with creating strong relationships with a diverse client group.
As the Account Manager, you will be the primary point of contact for building new and existing clients and will be responsible for driving business growth. This role will report to the VP Sales.
- Manage all key accounts in the Central and Western provinces, establishing Valens as the preferred partner
- Ensuring all administration records and information is up to date
- Provide superior customer service, maintaining and establishing long term relationships with clients which includes onboarding and orientation, reviewing KPIs, establishing proactive communications and providing ongoing business support
- Have strategic and tactical conversations regarding inventory levels, assortment variety, and order management trends/forecasts that support the annual operating plan
- Maintain relationships with management to ensure alignment between market opportunities, business development activities and operational capabilities
- Proactively review order management trends for service issues and work with internal departments to problem solve and develop continuous improvement opportunities
Selling and Influencing
- Develop formal proposals in response to request for proposals or quotations and negotiate service agreements
- Identify new distribution opportunities and build partnerships that maximize profitable share and volume through distribution, visibility and service
- Achieve KPI targets on sales growth, market share growth, efficient distribution, maximizing product placement, and pricing.
- Maintain and accurately track annual sales and budgets
- Track competitive activity and communicate internally and respond quickly if required.
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Commerce, or related field
- 3-5 years experience in B2B sales/business development role involving sales, relationship building with clients, contract negotiation and account management
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of the processes involved in supply chain, inventory, retail and customer service.
- Experience in CPG, Beverages, Pharma or relatable industries an asset
- Knowledge of the cannabis sector (major companies, stakeholders, business models, regulatory environment, etc.) is a strong asset
- Proven track record in achieving sales quotas and KPI targets
- Previous success in building and growing relationships with accounts
- Able to work independently
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- This is a full-time position based out of the Kelowna, British Columbia office.
To inquire about this Central & West Key Account Manager position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Return to Careers