Laboratory Technician for Valens Labs
A successful laboratory technician strives to work safely and efficiently in their laboratory. They take responsibility for all aspects of their job.
The specific responsibilities of a Laboratory Technician:
- Preparing analytical samples, calibration standards, quality control samples for routine analysis.
- Following, validating, and developing a variety of analytical methods as required.
- Assisting in the ordering of supplies and materials.
- Operating with a high level of personal integrity with quality assurance being a primary concern.
- Assisting with other duties (e.g. log-in, sample inventory, kit preparation, sending out samples, equipment verification) as required.
- Becoming familiar with the role and responsibilities of a testing lab under the Cannabis Act and Narcotic Control Regulations.
- Performing other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Senior Staff.
Basic requirements and desirable qualifications:
- Diploma in related field with 2 to 5 years of work experience or BSc
- Work experience in an ISO 17025 or GLP facility
- Familiarity with extraction and isolation techniques; such as, acid digestion, QuEChERS, liquid-liquid extraction.
- Familiarity with HPLC, GC, ICP and qPCR
- Laboratory skills include work with plant matrices
- Strong operational knowledge of Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and related software
- Experience using LIMS
- Excellent laboratory skills and above average attention to detail
- Demonstrated capability as a team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Strong commitment to professional development and knowledge acquisition
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume.
Return to Careers