We are looking for a new team member to lead the end-to-end process of packaging innovation at Valens. You will be responsible for building the corporate packaging and sustainability initiatives, leveraging new technologies, and requiring you to draw on your project management, analytics, negotiations, and process improvement skills.
Packaging Manager Responsibilities
- Manage the end-to-end process of packaging creation from idea to launch, working with project/product owners, graphic design, legal and regulatory teams and production/operations teams ensuring all requirements are met, trafficking and tracking all packages, approvals secured and appropriate document tracking followed
- Research new packaging suppliers, technologies and equipment to deliver enhanced performance, leveraging the latest technology and industry trends, and propose business cases to improve cost, quality, and performance
- Identify and understand factors that would influence materials and packaging costs, collecting data along the supply chain to make related process improvement recommendations.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders for any necessary packaging related testing during new product development, line extension, or optimization initiatives
- Develop and lead packaging sustainability program and link to wider corporate sustainability goals
- Manage labelling development projects, liaising with QA, Legal, R&D, Operations, Procurement, Suppliers and Key Customers
- Participate in new labelling equipment selection and technical validation
- Ensure regulatory compliance for unit bar code labels and what operations and shipping needs for each province and specific customers
- Develop packaging standards, best practices, and SOPs
- Manage multiple packaging timelines for various product launches
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ prior experience working in a food or pharmaceutical industry in a packaging/labelling capacity
- Strong understanding of labelling and packaging execution from end to end (design, print, production)
- Comprehensive understanding of Canadian Packaging and Labelling Act
- Understanding of Canadian Cannabis Regulations, pertaining to product/packaging and promotions – a strong asset
- Sound knowledge of GS1 standards
- Ability to analyze and interpret governmental regulations and technical procedures.
- Project management experience
- Experience of launching new products to the market
- Ability to work in a results-orientated, fast-paced and challenging environment
- Strong continuous improvement mindset for both yourself and the function
Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Return to Careers