Quality Assurance Associate (AQPIC/ARPIC)
The Alternate Qualified Person in Charge is responsible for all transactions involving Controlled Drugs and Substances at Valens Agritech. The AQPIC ensures and monitors adherence to all facility SOPs relating to current Health Canada regulations, GMPs, and other applicable regulations. As AQPIC you would be responsible for all transactions involving restricted drugs, including receiving and shipping, inventory, record maintenance, manage licences and reporting to Health Canada. The AQPIC also performs quality assurance functions for products prior to distribution. They ensure that quality standards are met and that the storage and distributions specifications of each product are met. They report to the QPIC/RPIC/QA Manager and ICP/SPIC.
- Ensures and monitors adherence to all facility SOPs relating to current GMPs and other applicable regulations; including but not limited to, Change Controls, Deviations, Recalls, Returns and Customer Complaints.
- Ensures and enforces Good Documentation Practices on all applicable documents relating to GMPs.
- Responsible for training of site management and employees on applicable SOPs and GMP related topics. Responsibilities include the planning, execution and maintenance of employee training records as well as testing to ensure training effectiveness.
- Oversee sampling of finished goods for testing and retention purposes, when applicable.
- Participate in internal and external audits for Health Canada, GMP and QA. This includes addressing issues, preparing response reports and regulatory submissions;
- Monitor supplier performance. Work with operations and cultivation to resolve quality issues with production inputs.
- Ensure integrity of live and dried plant population, as well as, oil products at Valens, including oversight of annual and semi-annual inventories. Investigate variances and reconciliations.
- Responsible for all transactions (along with the IPC/SPIC) involving narcotic, controlled, and /or restricted drugs, including receiving and shipping, inventory, record maintenance, manage licences and reporting to Health Canada.
- Report regulatory issues and concerns with the potential to impact product quality to management.
- Assist with the preparation and completion of regulatory documentation such as deviations reports and change controls.
- Support Site Security Officer in managing narcotic cage/vault security and access.
- Assist in the investigation and report all suspicious narcotic transactions and losses.
- Assist with the authorization, processing and managing all returned narcotic product.
- Assist with operational narcotic activities as required.
- Ensure efficiency of a Quality Assurance System for all cultivation, harvest, processing and packaging activities. Monitor process control points and take measures to eliminate deviations.
- Review COAs and all other private brand documents.
- Maintain SDS.
- Act, at need, as QPIC in the narcotic sector.
- Complete all other tasks related to the position.
- Bachelor of Science Degree (BSc)
- Meet Health Canada requirements for AQPIC
- Able to successfully obtain clear 10-year history police record check
- 2-5 years of work experience
- Knowledge of GMP, ISO 9001, and/or Health Canada regulations
- Previous AQPIC or QA experience
- Knowledge of GLP principles, ISO 17025, and laboratory experience an asset
- Knowledge and experience in chemistry, pharmacology and plant biology an asset
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent analytical skills and above average attention to detail
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Oriented towards quality work and service
- Technical and professional knowledge
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Priority management
Salary variable dependant on qualifications, inquire within.
Return to Careers