The Quality Technician is responsible for all raw material and bulk transfer product sampling and monitoring of production documentation. The Quality Technician ensures and monitors adherence to all facility SOPs relating to current Health Canada regulations, GMPs, and other applicable regulations. They report to the Quality Assurance Supervisor.
- Conduct regular swab tests to ensure equipment meets manufacturing specifications.
- Ensure efficiency of a Quality Management System for all processing and packaging activities. Monitor process control points and take measures to eliminate deviations.
- Ensures and monitors adherence to all facility SOPs relating to current GMPs and other applicable. regulations; including but not limited to, Change Controls, Deviations, Recalls, Returns and Customer Complaints.
- Ensures and enforces Good Documentation Practices on all applicable documents relating to GMPs.
- Assisting with internal and external audits for Health Canada, GMP and QA. This includes addressing issues, preparing response reports and regulatory submissions.
- Ensure the integrity of oil products, including oversight of annual and semi-annual inventories. Investigate variances and reconciliations.
- Oversee sampling of raw materials and finished goods for testing and retention purposes, when applicable. Responsible for the release or rejection of finished products.
- Assist in the investigation and report all suspicious transactions and losses.
- Assist with the authorization, processing and managing all returned product.
- Assist with operational activities as required.
- Maintain SDS.
- Complete all other tasks related to the position, as assigned by the Head of QA/QC or QA Manager
- Bachelor of Science Degree (BSc) in Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Chemical Engineering, Medicine, Dentistry or Veterinary Medicine is an asset.
- Able to successfully obtain a clear criminal record check.
- 1-3 years of work experience.
- Knowledge of GMP, ISO 9001, and Health Canada regulations.
- Previous Health Canada Security clearance and work experience with a Canadian Licensed Dealer or Licenced Producer is an asset.
- Knowledge of GLP principles, ISO 17025, and laboratory experience an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in chemistry, pharmacology and plant biology an asset.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent analytical skills and above-average attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Oriented towards quality work and service.
- Capable of multitasking with minimal supervision.
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal.
To inquire about this Quality Technician position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to Careers