Technology Transfer Manager
The Manager of Technology Transfer reports directly to the Head of R&D and is responsible for executing the scale-up of manufacturing and commercialization of various types of cannabinoid-based processes and equipment. This position involves being a working manager who works at the interface of R&D and production and develops scale-up plans, master batch records, qualification/validation protocols and reports, and coordinates with other departments as required to bring scaled manufacturing and new products to market.
- Generate documents related to technology transfer (R&D to production gap analysis, technology transfer master scale-up plan, timeline/critical path, action items list).
- Develop process flow diagrams, master batch records and SOPs for the manufacturing of new cannabinoid-based products.
- Document all pertinent technical information and observations in project workbooks to provide historical support for future pilot scale-ups.
- Regular plant floor participation in all aspects of the extraction business, gaining an in-depth understanding of the processes of each step of extraction as well as the practical applications of the end products into consumer-packaged goods for the cannabis industry.
- Develop and complete user requirement specification (URS) reports and source properly scaled manufacturing equipment.
- Prepare/revise master manufacturing documents as per QA standards and requirements.
- Develop and complete qualification/validation protocols and reports.
- Assist with installation, commissioning, optimization and maintenance of production equipment.
- Strictly follow and adhere to all given instructions including work procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Strictly adhere to and observe all safety policies as outlined in the company policies and training sessions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in food science or technology, food engineering, chemistry, biology, biochemistry, chemical engineering, production or process engineering, pharmacy or related field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working in pharmaceutical and/or cannabinoid product development/manufacturing
- 5+ years experience performing equipment/process qualifications and validations
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize your workload
- Proven ability to plan, organize, and implement development programs
- Organizational and record-keeping skills and ability to handle multiple tasks with attention to detail
- Knowledge of the Cannabis Act Regulations
- Strong familiarity with GMP or ISO procedures and compliance
- Basic knowledge of food safety, pharmaceutical production processes, lean manufacturing, QC documentation and third-party audit processes (GMP, HACCP, Organic, NHP, SQF) are strong assets
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Return to Careers