Valens Agritech: Facility Hygienist
Janitorial Staff are responsible for keeping buildings in a clean and orderly condition and perform heavy cleaning duties; such as cleaning floors, washing walls and glass, removing rubbish. It also consists of tending furnaces and hot water tanks, performing routine maintenance activities, notify management of need for repairs, and cleaning snow or debris for the sidewalk. They report to the Facility Manager, as part of the Valens Agritech team.
Responsibilities and duties
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures
- Gather and empty trash and recycling
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications
- Notify Facility Manager concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems
- Communicate the need for supplies and equipment for cleaning and maintenance duties to the purchasing department
- Service, clean and supply restrooms
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Facility Manager
Education and qualifications
- High School Diploma
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Dependable, reliable, responsible
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
How to apply
Please email your application to email@example.com and quote “Janitorial Staff – Valens GroWorks” in the subject.
For more information on available positions, please visit our Careers page.
Return to Careers